Sunday 15 July 2007

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Uncle did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.


“Don’t worry babe, its only temporary. Its probably only for a year. The tablets will control the epilepsy and you’ll get it back”
“I know, but will I live that long?”
“Please don’t talk like that”.
“Look, I’ve read the research on the Internet, so have you. Come on love don’t cry we have to be strong”.
I affix the 1st class stamp to the envelope. One last look at the stupid photo on the license. A goatee bearded, wavy haired, uniformed cop. I had the photo taken in a passport photo cubicle in the local post office whilst grabbing a quick break a few years ago. I had to update it for a driving course at Hendon. I had worked bloody hard for all the entitlements on that laminated card, and barring the odd point here and there for speeding collected and lost over the years, I had kept it relatively clean despite inexperience and stupidity on two wheels, cranking up thousands of miles in four, and tiredness in sixteen tonnes of green multi-wheeled mayhem belonging to HRH. But the law is the law, and with the sealing of a manila envelope an era in my life was over. I was effectively banning myself, talk about Judge Dredd.

4 comments:

Ed said...

Hi dude.
Look at it like this.
Who seriously wants to drive in London what with its congestion, mad cycle riders and Big Ken's congestion charge. If you're in a hurry the tube is much better, get an oyster card, that's what BD did.
what was there in such a small cubical that distracted you and made you look away just as the photo was taken?.

When you go to wolf armouries check with the staff to see if the light fits the pistol before you get the light for me, oh, and can you pick me up a can of the lubricant spray please. cheers mate.

Ed said...

Me again,
Change of plan, scrap the Glock.
In favour of:-
Colt full metal 1911 CQB with rail WE.(£104.99)
As this one comes with two magazines and is bigger, thus fitting into my paw better, it also has a higher muzzle velocity.
Also scrap the light, for now. But will still need the rest of the shopping list.
Cheers pal and TTFN.

The bastard child of Gene Hunt said...

A wise choice my friend. Can I also interest you in a phased plasma rifle with a 40 watt range?
Distracted? Nah, probably just me fidgeting.
Oyster? Its all free for me anyhow, hah!

Ed said...

I forgot it's free for the fuz.

Y'know, you really do have too much time on your hands. I took a peek at that e bay link, lol ?)